Register for a workshop
- Madison, WI: Saturday, Sept 18th, 9:00 am - 12:00 pm, UW–Madison Arboretum
- Eau Claire, WI: Thursday, October 21st, 8:00am - 11:00 am, Pablo Center at the Confluence
- Milwaukee, WI: Wednesday, October 27th, 8:00am-1:00 pm, Vincent High School
The Wisconsin Energy Institute, Wisconsin's K-12 Energy Education Program, and KidWind are excited to bring the KidWind Educator Workshop to communities across Wisconsin. Join us and learn how to explore the power of wind and solar with your students!
Review energy and electricity basics, design and test blades in a wind tunnel, explore solar dashboards with inquiry questions, and preview ready-to-use curriculum for integrating renewable energy into your lessons! Participants will leave with the resources and confidence to use wind energy as a lens into hands-on science, technology, and engineering exploration in the classroom.
During these half-day workshops, you’ll also learn about the annual WI KidWind Challenge, gain tips and tricks for coaching student teams through the process of designing and constructing small-scale turbines, and get some free gear!
The energy-based content, combined with practical standards-connected activities, will make it easy to bring renewable energy to your classroom. This workshop will serve as a refresher if you have previously attended a KidWind Challenge, and will be helpful even if you are not yet sure about attending the next KidWind Challenge in 2022.
Workshops are open to formal and non-formal educators. KidWind materials are best for 4-12th grade students. Certificates of attendance for CEU credits will be provided upon request.
Dates and Locations
- Friday, August 6th, 10:00 am - 2:00 pm, Green and Healthy Schools Conference KidWind Exhibit, Fondy Park and Farmers Market, Milwaukee, WI
- Saturday, Sept 18th, 9:00 am - 12:00 pm, UW–Madison Arboretum, Madison, WI
- Thursday, October 21st, 8:00am - 11:00 am, Pablo Center at the Confluence, Eau Claire, WI (register here)
- Wednesday, October 27th, 8:00am-1:00 pm, Vincent High School, Milwaukee, WI (register here)
Got a few teachers who are interested in the workshop? Contact us at email@example.com to see if we can bring the workshop to you!
Workshop Cost: $15
Substitute reimbursements up to $125/teacher may be available.
Need more WI KidWind? Come to Coaches' Happy Hours:
Join us for a casual drop in hour to chat with other coaches, share ideas, and ask questions. KidWind advisors and organizers will be on hand to answer all your questions - from engineering and design tips and tricks, to FAQ about the registration process and what to expect on Challenge Day. Come for the whole hour or just a portion! Having a team is not a prerequisite. All are welcome to come and inquire about Wisconsin KidWind.
Keep in touch!
To be added to an email list for upcoming workshops and KidWind opportunities, fill out this form.
Questions or comments? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Learn more about the Kidwind Challenge here.