Materials Science & Engineering
College of Engineering
Xudong Wang’s research interests include nanomaterials fabrication and characterization, nanostructures for energy harvesting, and nanosensors and nano-optoelectronics. In 2007, he and colleagues invented the nanogenerator, which converts mechanical vibration into electricity.
- Oxide nanomaterials growth and characterization
- Piezoelectric nanostructures and nanodevices for mechanical energy harvesting
- Semiconductor nanomaterials and devices for solar energy harvesting and energy storage
- Nanoscale piezoelectric effect and piezotronics
- Piezocatalysis and interface between piezoelectricity and electrochemistry