Professor of Agricultural & Applied Economics
College of Agricultural & Life Sciences
Bill Provencher's research focuses on demand-side management of energy, the valuation of ecosystem services, and the dynamic allocation of resources. Recent and ongoing energy-related research has examined the demand impacts of residential real-time pricing programs, energy savings from "social norming" programs, household response to smart grid technologies, and the use of "fast demand response" to stabilize energy supply as renewable energy is added to the grid.
- Environmental and resource economics
- Demand-side management of energy
- Valuation of ecosystem services
- Socio-ecological interactions
- Dynamic allocation of resources