College of Engineering
Mario Trujillo's research interests include supercritical droplet vaporization, spray and droplet phenomena, Lagrangian particle transport, turbulent flows with a gas-liquid interface, and molecular dynamics of phase change processes.
- Liquid sprays in a crossflow (desuperheating and Urea SCR applications)
- Liquid breakup and particle advection dynamics
- Multiple droplet impingement heat transfer
- Two-phase flow heat transfer numerics
- Computational characterization of plunging of liquid jets on a quiescent pool
- Interface capturing methods (level set and Volume-of-Fluid)