Come visit WEI during UW–Madison's Family Gardening Day on Saturday, May 4, 10:00 AM–1:00 PM!
- Make and take milkweed and poplar tree pots
- Learn all about monarchs with the UW-Arboretum
- Explore the depths of prairie plant roots
- Plant energy crops in WEI's bioenergy demonstration garden
- Witness the bioenergy process from grass to gas
- Uncover how reflections of light impact our earth and our energy systems
- Enrich your knowledge of pollinators at our pollinator discovery station
Kids under 12: Get your passport stamp here and at three other UW Family Gardening Day locations and book your trip for a free Babcock ice cream!
UW Family Gardening Day Locations
- Wisconsin Energy Institute, 1552 University Ave.
- D.C. Smith Greenhouse, 465 Babcock Drive
- Allen Centennial Gardens, 620 Babcock Drive
- Steenbock Memorial Library, 550 Babcock Drive
- UW Botany Garden, 1090 University Ave.