Wisconsin State Energy Office General Internship
May 14, 2014
The Wisconsin State Energy Office is a small, dynamic team of professionals within the Wisconsin Department of Administration that is committed to supporting Wisconsin’s goal of: generating electric power and transportation fuels from renewable resources; capture more of the emerging bio-industry and renewable energy market; and leading the nation in groundbreaking research that will make clean energy more affordable and will create well-paying Wisconsin jobs.
The SEO is offering a paid internship for either an undergraduate or graduate student for the Summer 2014 semester. Tasks will be tailored to the individual abilities and interests of the intern. This is a ½-time, 20hrs/week paid internship. Compensation will be $12.00/hr.
There are no benefits offered.
SEO staff will work with the intern to develop a particular work schedule; however, a minimum of 20 hours per week is required. The internship will begin in June 2014 and conclude at the end of September, 2014. There may be a possibility to extend the internship.
SEO intern responsibilities will include:
- Work alongside staff to collect and enter data for the annual Energy Statistics book
- Perform searches in online databases for energy announcements and awards relevant to Wisconsin
- Draft support and/or award letters for senior staff review
- Assist with meeting planning for energy-related events
- Assist staff in preparing and distributing monthly electronic newsletters to energy stakeholders
- Assist on biogas and biomass projects
In addition to these responsibilities, the intern will also have opportunities to attend occasional in-state meetings and conferences alongside SEO staff and to network with energy and economic development professionals.
Desired Skills and Attributes of the SEO Intern:
- Facility with data collection via phone
- Experience with data entry
- Familiarity with energy efficiency and renewable energy concepts
- Professional demeanor
Please submit a resume and cover letter electronically by May 23 to Ms. Megan Levy, Director, Local Energy Programs, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Application Deadline:
May 23, 2014