February 13, 2014
Clean Wisconsin is seeking a talented Staff Scientist to play a critical role in protecting Wisconsin’s environment, and in shaping the future environmental policies in the state.
As a central member of the Science Department, this part-time position will be a key part of the research backbone for the largest environmental nonprofit in the state.
The Staff Scientist will report directly to the Director of Science and Research, and is charged with conducting research to support any and all of our work fighting for clean air, clean water, clean energy and the places that make Wisconsin special. It will require someone who isn’t afraid to take on a large number of projects at any one time, and who wants to dive in learn about the whole range of issues and developments that could affect our environment.
You are the right fit for this great job if you:
- Are looking for a secure but part-time position working for a good cause,
- Have an undergraduate or graduate degree in a field related to environmental science,
- Are able to communicate scientific information effectively, both orally and through writing, to people with varying backgrounds and levels of expertise,
- Can quickly come up-to-speed on a variety of environmental science topics and policies,
- Enjoy researching, analyzing, and synthesizing information on complex issues,
- Have a strong desire to protect Wisconsin’s environment,
- Work well both independently and as part of a team, and can manage your time efficiently.
If this sounds like the position you’re looking for, visit www.cleanwisconsin.org/employment for a full description, or apply now by sending in a cover letter, resume, two writing samples, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 7, 2014.
Job Application Deadline:
March 07, 2014