Small Business Energy Advisor
September 16, 2013
West Peoria, IL
GDS Associates, Inc. is looking for a new team member to represent the Ameren Illinois ActOnEnergy® energy-efficiency program. This exciting position offers a very unique career opportunity for a dynamic person with excellent outreach, sales, communication and organizational skills to sell leading edge energy efficiency projects within a creative team environment. This person will travel throughout their assigned Illinois territory and meet with customers to assess their business regarding energy efficiency. They will also install basic energy-efficient equipment (primarily light bulbs). Appointments are made by customer request, but cold calls will also be required. This is an ideal position for the person interested in getting started in the energy industry.
The ideal candidate is an outgoing person who is self-motivated and can work independently at a fast pace. This person is a quick learner who is detail oriented and is comfortable interacting with new customers on a daily basis.
Territory: Individuals will be based from their home in Illinois. The territory available is West Peoria - bordered by Mississippi River on the West, Illinois River on the East, I-80 on the North, and Rushville on the South.
Experience and Skills:
• Must live in (very close) the designated territory
• Must be outgoing and extremely personable
• Must be a quick learner, able to work independently, have excellent communication skills, high attention to detail.
• Fluent in MS Office programs – specifically Word and Excel.
• Physical abilities: climb ladders, install basic electrical equipment (primarily light bulbs), and daily driving.
• Must have reliable transportation and valid driver’s license, with a clean driving record. Travel mileage is reimbursed at standard IRS mileage rate.
• Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical and technical customers.
• Must be able to travel within the assigned Illinois territory (approx 80%). Overnight travel is rare.
• Must have a high school diploma or equivalent. Prefer technical or college degree.
• Lighting background
• Experience in the energy efficiency industry
• Energy audit or facility energy assessment experience
• Sales and customer service (important)
• iPad navigation skills
GDS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Application Deadline:
October 11, 2013