Senior Program Manager
January 02, 2014
Madison, WI or Indianapolis, IN
Under general direction, the Senior Manager is responsible for the development, resourcing and delivery of a portfolio of programs/services for WECC to ensure its success in the marketplace. This position could be located in Indianapolis or Madison with Madison being the preferred location.
Primary & Essential Responsibilities
1. Oversee and direct multiple high-dollar programs impacting the success of the programs and services offered by the organization to include:
• Establish and manage standard program designs across the program portfolio. Monitor and track program portfolio between client program implementation and against the market.
• Oversee all programs/services and project design, planning and delivery within the program portfolio.
• Establish and manage subcontractor and market provider networks that participate across the portfolio of programs and/or services.
• Establish and lead cross functional teams within and outside of WECC that deliver on common program goals.
• Oversee all budgetary responsibilities for programs/services and projects.
• Manage and/or oversee programs and projects from point of conception to completion. This includes, but not limited to: achieving performance goals and ensuring quality and compliance standards are met.
• Lead ongoing analysis of program/services or project effectiveness throughout the life of the program or project to ensure client needs are being met.
• Collaborate with clients, colleagues, and team members to evaluate programs, measures and services for purpose of creating synergies and providing program and process enhancements across all programs offered.
2. In collaboration with Strategic Development and Client Services, participate in the development of program innovations and new business development
• Develop program strategies and budgets in support of client proposals.
• Identify and develop proposals for program innovations within existing client programs.
• Coordinate implementation of pilots for new program designs or delivery methods.
• Participate in contract negotiations with existing or potential clients along with staff or colleagues across the organization.
3. Build relationships both internally and externally to ensure WECC remains competitive in the
marketplace through the following activities:
• Represent WECC at regional and local industry conferences/ associations to ensure WECC is staying current with industry best practices.
• Participate in national, regional, and local industry events, giving papers/ presentations on the program portfolio to demonstrate WECC’s expertise and participate in industry collaboration specific to the portfolio.
4. Manage the assigned department:
• Recruit and hire the most qualified and talented staff in conjunction with Human Resources.
• Provide appropriate level of training to new and existing department staff in collaboration with WECC’s training function.
• Provide information and on-going feedback to department staff regarding expectations and performance.
• Address and resolve all performance concerns and issues in a timely manner.
• Work with department staff on individual professional development.
• Prepare and conduct annual performance reviews.
• Develop and manage the department budget and resource plan.
5. These responsibilities are not all inclusive and other duties may be assigned from time-to-time.
1. Bachelors Degree in Business, Marketing, or related field.
2. 5-7 years of program, contract negotiations and project oversight work experience to include the following:
• Provide strategic direction into the development of programs and project planning
• Budget and contract management
• Leading cross-functional team(s)
• Building and managing client/peer/vendor relations
• Project management experience to include but not limited to: project design implementation, and facilitation for large projects and ensuring deadlines are met
• Conduct or oversee research and analysis of programs/contracts
• Supervision of a professional team of employees and contractors
3. Negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
4. Excellent communication and writing skills.
5. Proficient use of Microsoft Office Suite or comparable software.
To apply, visit https://www.appone.com/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=766557
Job Application Deadline:
January 31, 2014