Research Analyst - LTE
May 30, 2013
Under direction, the Research Analyst supports WECC’s efforts to collect and use data strategically to document program outcomes, increase program effectiveness, and support new program initiatives.
1. Support data mining and analysis efforts that enable WECC staff to utilize data to document program outcomes and increase program effectiveness. Efforts will include, but not be limited to helping staff get the data they need (from both internal and external sources), analyzing and interpreting the data.
2. Provide high quality benefit cost analysis with an exceptional degree of understanding and ability to see the big picture.
3. Design, administer, analyze, and present results of online, paper, and telephone surveys of customer satisfaction and consumer opinions.
4. Translate complex data and present results in formats that are useful and actionable to include graphic representation of data such as bubble graphs and scatter diagrams, to help staff visualize and understand program processes, impacts, and shortcomings.
5. Conduct secondary research on various topics, including emerging technologies and the interaction of technology and consumer behavior.
6. Work with database developers and implementation staff to define data and to facilitate resolution.
7. Present research and analysis results, including trends and market share information, to diverse audiences, including program staff, senior management, utility representatives, and professionals outside of WECC.
8. Support efforts to maintain high data quality standards and quality of data reporting.
9. These responsibilities are not all inclusive and other duties may be assigned from time to time.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in business, statistics, economics, market research, energy economics, or related field.
2. One to three years of work experience to include:
a. Use of multiple analytical tools and data gathering techniques.
b. Sourcing and integration of data sets
c. Analyzing complex data sets (including spreadsheets, databases, etc.) through various tools and techniques
d. Providing analytical results in easy to understand, well structured and visually appealing formats.
3. Demonstrated expertise with Excel (advanced formulas and functions), MS Access, data analysis and SQL at an advanced level. SPSS and Arc Map experience desired.
Job Application Deadline:
June 29, 2013