Program Manager - Trade Ally
August 05, 2013
Madison, WI or Indianapolis, IN
Under general direction, the Trade Ally Manager is directly responsible for overall administration and success of the Residential & Commercial prescriptive and retail programs efforts as mutually agreed upon with the Business Programs Director, in addition to new business program channels that are identified during the course of each program year at WECC. This involves working with industry allies to increase awareness and adoption of energy efficient technologies in the market place. The Senior Trade Ally Manager will work closely with the business programs team and other channel program staff to ensure goal achievement and program success.
Primary & Essential Responsibilities
1. Oversee the activities and program design for WECC’s Program Channel efforts. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Develop the annual program plans and budget, set goals, track goals and budgets; develop promotions and programs that will help further the reach of targeted technologies in the market.
• Complete an annual review of the program and develop benchmarks to measure key components of program design. This includes evaluating program offerings, processes and trade ally satisfaction; identifying improvements; and implementing changes to improve and expand program offerings.
• Secure resources to accomplish the program’s goals.
• Work with program evaluation team to ensure that the program impacts are evaluated accurately and provide the evaluation team with information as needed.
• Interface with other WECC and business programs program managers to assure integration of appropriate activities among market sectors.
• Track and communicate progress toward client goals and objections and adjust plans as needed.
2. Manage and conduct program outreach and communications:
• Develop an outreach plan to increase awareness of program offerings and increase trade ally participation, evaluate the plan on an annual basis, implement plan for improvement.
• Work with Marketing to develop a comprehensive marketing plan including materials, media outreach and promotion.
• Oversee the coordination of an electronic newsletter to be sent to trade allies.
• Supervise outreach staff and work with team to identify and prioritize key trade allies, set goals and develop metrics to monitor key ally account management.
• Coordinate the outreach to key end-user groups.
3. Coordinate with external parties, such as sponsors, governmental agencies, and national affiliates, on program issues and develop partnerships that benefit the program and represent WECC at regional and national conferences, including American Council for an Energy Efficient Economy (ACEE), Consortium for Energy Efficiency (CEE), etc.
4. These responsibilities are not all inclusive and other duties may be assigned from time to time.
1. Bachelor’s Degree, in marketing , Business, Energy policy or related field.
2. Three-five years experience of relevant preparatory work required, including
• Sale and/or account management
• Project management
• Program budget management
• Staff supervision including team building and conflict resolution
• Retail exposure
• Conduct analytical analysis and data research
• Manufacturer’s Representative or Channel Sales desired
3. Efficient time management and organizational skills.
4. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
5. Knowledge of a particular technology (i.e. Lighting, HVAC, Motors) or technology within a Channel (Agriculture, Supermarket, etc) preferred
6. Proficiency using MS Office Suite or comparable software.
Job Application Deadline:
August 30, 2013