Internship in Sustainability (paid)
May 09, 2013
The internship is intended to provide an overview and practical working experience on sustainability related activities at Lands’ End. The intern will participate in ongoing initiatives related to sustainability (eg. Carpooling, alternative energy, employee volunteer efforts). At the direction of his/her mentor the intern may also act as project manager for a sustainability related project. Previous interns have done; solar hot water analysis and design, developing employee facing website for carpooling.
- Attendance and participation in the standing GoGreen committee meetings that are held monthly.
- Membership and participation in one to several of the ongoing sustainability initiatives.
- Provide administrative and analytical support for sustainability projects at the direction of his/her mentor.
- Provide project leadership on a sustainability project where the intern has a special interest or appropriate skill set.
- Depending on candidate’s area of study and expertise additional work may be assigned in the areas of facilities management and/or engineering related to Lands’ End.
Skills and Experience:
- Current student in an accredited college preferably in an engineering program or other technical field of study.
- Has demonstrated course work or projects that have an emphasis on the sustainability aspect of their field of study.
- Has understanding of current sustainability topics and a passion to expand awareness of those topics.
Please send resume to Curry.email@example.com
Job Application Deadline:
May 15, 2013