September 19, 2013
Reporting to the Program Manager, the Game Developer will maintain and enhance Cool Choices’ existing tools for encouraging and tracking sustainable actions while also leading the development of new web and mobile tools to encourage and track sustainable practices. This position requires exceptional programming talent, outstanding interpersonal skills and terrific time and task management abilities.
70% of Time
1. Maintain and strengthen the existing Cool Choices web and mobile game platform that promotes sustainable practices.
a. Collaborate with staff to identify and prioritize game enhancements, including use of new technologies;
b. Develop, test and implement enhancements of the Cool Choices’ game;
c. Identify and address game bugs quickly and effectively
20% of Time
2. Design, develop, test, and deploy new tools that help Cool Choices’ inspire and track sustainable practices.
a. Collaborate with staff to identify and prioritize program needs
b. If necessary, design, develop, test and implement custom tools.
10% of Time
3. Support Cool Choices’ effort to track and communicate program outcomes.
a. Provide tools and process that enable staff to access and summarize data accurately and efficiently
b. Support efforts to analyze data relative to key metrics associated with participation and environmental impacts
c. Assist in the creation of graphs, charts and other visual media that help to communicate the results of Cool Choices’ efforts.
1. Assist with the development of new program initiatives
2. Other responsibilities as assigned
Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required.
Required Skills & Experience
2. Demonstrated ability to conduct quality assurance and fix bugs efficiently and effectively
3. Demonstrated experience applying, maintaining and documenting consistent development standards
4. Demonstrated success creating software in a team setting
5. Demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong and effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including vendors and coworkers.
Desirable Skills and Experience
1. Passion for sustainability
2. Passion for games
3. Demonstrated experience with data visualization
4. Experience working in a fast-paced, corporate environment
5. Experience promoting energy efficiency, healthy behaviors or sustainable practices
6. Working understanding of design, game design, art, and system administration preferred.
7. Demonstrated technical writing skills
The ideal candidate will be:
1. Curious / eager to learn and try new things
2. Positive, with a “can-do” attitude
5. Able to meet multiple priorities simultaneously
The physical demands for this position include sitting at a computer or in a car for long periods of time, using a telephone to communicate with existing and potential customers, and the general public.
Occasional light lifting of up to 25 lbs. is also essential.
Working Conditions and Environment
Equipment Used: Computer, fax machine, telephone, copier (Provided)
Travel Status: None required
Car Required: No
Normal Work Hours: 40 hours per week during normal business hours: Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM- 5:00 PM;
Excessive noise? No
Working around moving machinery? No
Marked changes in temperature/ humidity? No
Exposed to dust, fumes, gases, radiation, and microwave? No
Drives motorized equipment? No
Works in confined quarters? No
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Application Deadline:
October 01, 2013