June 13, 2013
The incumbent will be expected to contribute to the research, educational and service missions of the Wisconsin Energy Institute and the University of Wisconsin-Madison. The successful candidate will be expected to engage in extramurally-funded research both as principal investigator and in collaboration with other University faculty. In addition, the duties and responsibilities of the position are designated as follows:
-- Collaborate with investigators within and outside the UW, writing and maintaining scientific protocols, writing research reports, and preparing results for presentation to industrial partners, professional organizations and/or scholarly publications.
-- Evaluate potential research initiatives within WEI via mathematical modeling of selected areas of research, and determine areas of research priorities within the Institute based on these models.
-- Oversee and conduct research and resolve problems concerning Integrated Energy Systems Modeling.
-- Communicate research findings to WEI Leadership via monthly and annual reports and oral presentations. This includes participating in the Wisconsin Energy Summit, held annually and attended by energy researchers and professionals from across the Midwest.
-- Lead and contribute to the development of bi-annual science and technology roadmaps. These documents develop areas of research interest consistent with the Institute's research mission, and represent roadmaps for future funding opportunities and communication tools for all WEI stakeholders.
-- Lead and produce internal WEI research project portfolio maps, visualization tools, and databases to be presented to the WEI Leadership on a quarterly basis.
-- Participate in strategic planning initiatives and interact with the WEI Leadership team to develop policies and procedures, and in evaluating operations needs, strategy and research developments.
-- Serving as Director of Technology for the UW partnership with the Wisconsin Energy Research Consortium (WERC). This involves the following major activities:
* Develop key enabling technologies; technology roadmaps; research capability assessments; and research budgets tied to each specific targeted market sector.
* Work with market and industry expansion committee to determine appropriate product and technologies required to support identified markets.
* Develop annual research requests for proposals (RFP), including managing the TI solicitation and selection process.
* Manage ongoing research projects.
* Organize and orchestrate research symposium.
* Develop relations and grant applications with select grant funders such as DOE, National Labs and NSF.
* Develop WERC University and Technical College PI directory.
* Develop WERC University and company IP exchange.
Job Application Deadline:
July 05, 2013