March 20, 2013
BIOFerm Energy Systems is looking for a senior level Engineering Manager with Large Scale Project Management experience and at minimum 10+ years of experience. This position requires strong managerial and technical leadership skills, project management, quality management, and process management skills. Knowledge or understanding of anaerobic digestion processes and systems is a plus. This position is based out of our office in Madison, WI.
- Personally coach and direct project management of first large scale biogas project and set up project management system and organization in close alignment with guidelines and systems provided by parent company
- Provide HR and management for direct reporting staff, including interviewing and hiring new employees, completing performance reviews, setting goals, dealing with disciplinary issues, and determining workload assignments and schedules.
- Develop and maintain engineering standards and procedures, quality assurance and quality control on all project work, ensuring compliance with company policies and procedures, and other responsibilities as assigned.
- Develop and give technical presentations to potential investors, customers, company management, and regulatory groups.
- Responsible to oversee all aspects of design and implementation of biogas plants including systems design, civil, mechanical and electrical engineering, contract negotiations and budget supervision, and supplier and resource selection.
- Collaborate and coordinate with clients, project manager, project development staff and engineers, construction companies, and subcontractors.
- Oversee creation project work plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements
- Oversee development of project budgets and schedules, and manage the project to stay on-time and within-budget
- Oversee development of construction documents and ensure such documents are complete, current, and organized appropriately
- Review deliverables for project
- Attend and participate in meetings with clients, regulatory agencies, colleagues, subcontractors, and other parties
- Coordinate resources within team to execute project plans, and delegate tasks as required
- Minimize company exposure and risk on projects; perform risk analysis and management
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil, Mechanical or other engineering field and a minimum of 10 years of project management and hands-on engineering design experience.
- Experience designing and building anaerobic digestion biogas plants, power, ethanol, food processing, chemical, or other process-related plant systems.
- Experience estimating construction costs, project scheduling and coordination.
- Experience managing project costs, schedules and financials.
- Experience managing a minimum of 4-7 engineers.
- Must be proactive, strategic thinkers with strong interpersonal skills, possess a willingness to succeed, be able to embrace new challenges and adapt to change quickly.
- Must have the ability to maximize efficiency through teamwork and innovation.
- Knowledge of safety standards such as OSHA and EHS is a plus.
- Experience working with city, county, state, and federal compliance organizations is desired.
- A valid US passport, or other document valid for international travel is required.
Compensation is based on experience and is competitive. Employees are eligible for health, dental and vision insurance, life, long-term and short term disability insurance, vacation and paid holidays, and 401(k) savings plan. Relocation assistance is available for qualified candidates. Tuition reimbursement for continuing education that benefits the company is also available.
To apply, please submit your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Application Deadline:
April 30, 2013