Business Process & Reporting Director
August 13, 2013
Under general direction, the Business Process & Reporting Director is responsible for the delivery of accurate, timely and meaningful data analyses and reports through Wisconsin Energy Conservation Corporation’s (WECC’s) systems. Provide leadership in budgeting and forecasting to other budget owners.
Primary & Essential Responsibilities
a. Reporting, Process and Tracking/Data Management (40%)
i. Reporting Management
1. Works closely with program and client services teams to understand internal and client facing information and reporting needs. Establishes and implements strategy to meet those needs and leads ongoing process to ensure that the requirements are fulfilled.
2. Manages the development and support of all operational and performance reporting (standard and ad hoc reports) to meet business needs.
3. Directs the maintenance, integration and development of WECC’s reporting infrastructure, including collaborating with IT on the use of a data warehouse to ensure that information is transparent, easily, accessible and of high quality.
ii. Process Management
1. Leads the collaborative development and implementation of end-to-end (contract to close of program) enabling processes across multiple business units to capture relevant data (program performance, customer service, budget, measures, cost of program elements, etc.) in an efficient and effective manner.
iii. Tracking/Data Management
1. Develops and maintains data standards and documentation to ensure internal information (organization wide energy saving results, costs incurred and invoicing by program and utility clients, etc.) is accurate and consistent
2. Identifies causes of poor data quality (uniqueness, integrity, accuracy, consistency, and completeness) and implements solutions.
3. Develops and enforces practices and controls for ensuring data quality and accuracy at the point of entry.
4. Establishes controls and practices with technical staff to synchronize data entering company systems from multiple points.
5. Oversees and manages WECC’s data structures, standards, integrity, consistency and timing. This includes data manipulation, migration, integration, and synchronization between databases within WECC and with outside agencies,’ clients,’ and subcontractor’ databases.
6. Oversees continued rollout of TrakSmart functionality and client transition.
b. Planning (25%)
i. Works closely with various functional and program areas to gather information and reporting needs. Establishes and implements solutions to meet those needs and leads ongoing process to ensure that requirements are fulfilled.
ii. Coordinates an enterprise-wide, collaborative approach for best practices, standards, and consistency of our reporting infrastructure and practices.
iii. Creates and implements a data management strategy for achieving and maintaining high data quality.
iv. Conducts research and makes recommendations on products, tools, services, protocols, and standards that will support the data and reporting management strategy.
v. Ensures that new systems, processes, programs and/or applications adhere to existing data and reporting management practices, policies, and procedures.
vi. Provides end-user education on data, reporting and analysis.
vii. Functions as internal advisor on data and reporting best practices; supports client communications to manage information requirements.
viii. Provides project management support to organizational initiatives when needed.
c. Budget/Reforecasts (25%)
i. Leads the annual budgeting process for the organization for both program and department budgets. Responsible for final reconciliation and communication of final budgets to the respective budget owners.
ii. Provides on-going training for budget owners.
iii. Monitors actual to budget variances and works with budget owners to understand any variations.
d. Process Improvement (10%)
i. Provides support to the organization on all cross-functional process improvement activities.
ii. Ensures processes are lean and efficient.
II. MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
a. Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, public administration, accounting, finance, or similar required.
b. Certified Management Accountant (CMA) designation preferred.
c. Seven to ten years’ experience in a management or management consulting role involving business process design, process controls and improvement, data management and control, business data analysis and management accounting.
d. Proven project management skills.
e. Strong process analysis and data analysis skills to evaluate business problems and apply knowledge to identify appropriate solutions.
f. Strong budgeting skills with experience in multi-levels (program and department)
g. High level knowledge of data, relational databases and data warehouse concepts, data analysis and IT
h. Outstanding ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with various stakeholders.
i. Strong experience working in a multi-faceted organization, with a reputation for an ability to develop cooperative relationships with stakeholders at all levels.
j. Solid project management skills, including the ability to effectively deploy resources and manage multiple projects of various scopes in a cross-functional environment.
Job Application Deadline:
September 13, 2013