March 17, 2014
Under direction, the Business Analyst will support the implementation of business improvement and IT projects on behalf of WECC by applying best practices for process improvement, project management and IT development and facilitating the translation of business needs into system requirements and deliverables.
Primary & Essential Responsibilities
1. Business Analysis:
- Reviews, analyzes and creates detailed documentation of business processes, systems and user needs, including work flow, business logic, interface design, data and reporting needs
- Works closely with WECC staff to identify and maximize opportunities to improve services through process improvement and leveraging technology.
- Determines areas for improvement based on best practices and subject matter expert input.
- Translates requirements into functional and technical specifications for applications
- In cooperation with business units, identifies needed cross-functional data and process standards and facilitates the implementation of these standards
- Applies standards for process, data and system documentation
- Is a BA resource for IT and other WECC staff
2. Project Management:
- Takes assigned project element from original concept through final implementation
- Identifies BA relevant tasks and schedule for inclusion in project scope
- Maintains change control records
- Pro-actively identifies critical issues and opportunities and facilitates issue resolution
- Actively participates in project meetings and ensures other project communication
- Facilitates communication among stakeholders and helps manage expectations
- Designs, delivers and/or coordinates in cooperation with IS and program staff end-user training
3. Quality Assurance and Testing:
- Assists in the development and applies quality assurance practices and procedures, end user test plans and other QA assessments
- Works with IT and program departments to conduct testing to meet project timelines
4. These responsibilities are not all inclusive and other duties may be assigned from time to time.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Statistics, Economics or related field.
2. 3-5 years experience in business analysis and project management.
3. Superior knowledge of business analysis tools, approaches and best practices.
4. Superior knowledge and ability to work with complex relational databases
5. Excellent project management skills including demonstrated experience facilitating requirements gathering and multi-stakeholder issue resolution.
6. Outstanding communication skills and the ability to translate complex information into system specifications and IT terms and technologies for user understanding.
7. Strong knowledge of applications development concepts
8. Strong problem solving skills
9. Strong facilitation skills
10. Strong listening skills, including the ability to interpret user requests.
Apply online at www.weccusa.org
Job Application Deadline:
March 31, 2014